Monday, May 7, 2007

The Burger Shoppe

Yup. I’ve been delinquent with this blog. Apologies. April was a month where we just wanted to eat at our fav’s. I cannot count how many times I crossed the threshold of Kultura or Terroni. I am all fav-ed out, so here are a few new – and not so new – places I’ve been to lately.

One of the places that jolted me out of my routine is a tiny little storefront take-out/eat-in on Queen East called the Burger Shoppe. It’s run by two brothers, Mustapha and Said; the former is a Drake alumnus.

Think burger = fast food? Not at this joint. The burgers never make me feel like I’m some econo-model car that’s miraculously bloated into a mid-sized sedan after being in the shop for a lube job. The burgers here are lean, all-beef patties that melt in your mouth. I think the ultimate is the Shoppe burger, topped with caramelized onions and horseradish mayo. They also have a veggie burger and an all-organic one. Super fresh and super fast. It’s usually possible to nab one of the dozen seats too; customers tend to wolf down the delectable treat and no one lingers. This is a little piece of burger heaven…. Never thought those words would cross my lips, but there you have it!

No comments: