Sunday, May 27, 2007

Requiem for Lalot?

I could not believe my eyes when I drove by Lalot (n/e corner of Bathurst & Queen) and saw its windows papered over. I called their number but it's disconnected, so I am afraid it appears that one of the best - if not the best - Vietnamese restaurant has closed. It's a sad day for Toronto. The Reluctant Chef and I are in mourning. We always sent our friends and out-of-town guests there, and tried to eat there whenever we could. But despite their fantastic cuisine and the friendly service, the place never seemed full. Perhaps it's the location. Regardless, we will miss it and hope we'll see a reincarnation soon.

1 comment:

Anthony said...

I tried to go there last week but it was closed. Apparently their last day was May 13..

http://www.chowhound.com/topics/405045